To be considered for a pre-application from the Housing Authority office or download it from this website. When you have completed your application, bring it to our office or email it to our intake specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information:
- Verification of all income from all sources (if working please include 3 current paystubs)
- Birth certificates and Social Security cards for all individuals planning to live in the unit
- A photo ID of all members over 18 years of age
- If married or divorced, copy of marriage license or Judgment of Dissolution
- Names and complete addresses of current and/or previous landlord(s)
- If a family member is pregnant, a statement from the physician
- Verification of any preference(s) to which you believe you are entitled
When your application is returned to the Housing Authority office, we will check it to see that all information required is attached. At that time your household income will be compared to the income limits for your family size, a criminal check will be made of all adult household members, and a determination of preliminary eligibility will be made. If you qualify, you will then be placed on a waiting list for a Voucher. When you near the top of the waiting list, all information will once again be verified to determine whether or not your family is still eligible to participate in the program.
The Housing Authority of the City of Marion administers 120 Housing Choice Vouchers. If you are a resident of the City of Marion at the time you apply, your voucher may be used anywhere in the United States; however, if you are not a resident of Marion at the time of your application, you will be required to use your Voucher within the City of Marion the first twelve months.